We have new opportunities becoming available to manage
the day to day running of the churches in the Benefice of Frensham which exists
to support all the people of Frensham and Dockenfield (and visitors!) with
their spiritual needs, whether religious believers or not. These exciting voluntary roles are that of
Churchwarden, PCC Secretary and PCC members.
Whilst these roles do require a lot of commitment, they are equally rewarding and interesting. Each role is very much a journey of learning, exploration and development, not only of faith but also enrichment of life and a broadening of knowledge. For all roles the main skills required are to be able to work as part of a team and be computer literate. You will need to legally be allowed to be a Charity Trustee. Brief outlines of the positions are:
· Alongside the Vicar and fellow Churchwarden, managing the administration for the Benefice and responsible for the care and upkeep of the buildings
· Strong communication skills, capable of communicating at all levels and delegating tasks appropriately
· Good administrative and organisation skills
· Attending meetings for accurate and timely minute taking and follow up
Member of the PCC:
· Active involvement with church management including membership of at least one sub-committee (Fabric, Fundraising, Communication, Hospitality, etc)
· Attending PCC meetings (generally 7 per annum)
There is lots of training available via the Diocese, so this is a great learning opportunity as well as making a real difference in your community. For more information why not come for a coffee with Jane and Eunice and we can chat over the roles. In the first instance please contact Eunice on 01252 790690 or email@example.com.