www.thevinecentre.org.uk Tel 01252 400196
History of The Vine Centre
The Vine Centre has been in existence since 1987 and developed from its humble beginnings as a soup kitchen to an organisation which now provides a broad range of services to the most disadvantaged members of our community.
Since 2017 there have been many new developments at The Vine Centre and it has grown and developed as necessary to meet the growing demand and need for access to its vital services. However, the Vine Centre's aim has always remained the same - to help transform the lives of the vulnerable and most socially isolated members of our local community.
The Vine Centre set up it's 'Covid-19 Response' from March 2020 to April 2021 which included the delivery of:
· over 3520 care packages, 8600 home cooked meals, 665 family meal packs
· and 5748 support calls through Vineline
Moving forward in 2021, The Vine Centre are now making plans to 're-open' with socially distanced services which include restarting:
· Art Therapy classes - with the help of a trained art therapist these classes provide an outlet for people with stress/anxiety, low self-esteem, anger and for those struggling with addictions and mental illness
· Counselling which is non-judgemental, empathetic and confidential. It is tailor made to the needs of the individual which may include help with anxiety, depression, coping with mental illness, trauma, substance misuse/abuse, anger management, self esteem and confidence problems, and many more issues.
· Silvers Group for the over 55s. This group helps people with social isolation and loneliness which can have a big impact on mental health and wellbeing.
· Catering Course - 'Cooking with Confidence'. Each course last 5 weeks and it helps people to learn cooking skills, know how to be both hygienic and safe within a kitchen environment and to gain experience and confidence in a food environment
The Benefice of Frensham has been proud to support the vital work of The Vine Centre since 2014 but in order for us to be able to continue, we will always need your wonderful support and help with donations. I regularly visit The Vine Centre each month with all the donations and I also write an update article in the Parish Magazine every month. This update includes the list of items needed by The Vine Centre.
They currently need:
· Coffee, jam, tuna, pasta sauces, breakfast cereals, long life milk
· Toilet Rolls
Your donations can be left in The Vine Centre basket in the porch at St Mary's Church or there is also a box in the Frensham Village Shop where you can buy and leave your donations.
Karen Nockels - The Vine Centre Ambassador